Fathers Rise Together (FRT) understands in our state of #Texas despite opportunity there is a lack of participation. DO YOU KNOW WHY THAT IS? Children are not participating in summer school programs even when offered. Why is that? Are families afraid of the stigma attached to the term “SUMMER SCHOOL’?
How will our children close the gaps in education if we continue to accept them falling behind. The inanities that we reason with are no longer acceptable within our communities. Our children deserve better. Our elders deserve better and our communities deserve better!
We have listened to First Lady Obama, speak and rally behind programs that address children obesity. We know that foods that are not fresh that are sold in cans, boxes or any food with high shelf life is particularly HORRIBLE FOR OUR CHILDREN AND OURSELVES. HOW DO WE ADDRESS EATING WELL WHEN THERE IS NOT ENOUGH MONEY TO LAST THE ENTIRE MONTH? WHERE IS THE FINANICAL LITERACY WITHIN OUR COMMUNITIES TO HELP UNDERSTAND OUR DOLLAR? We must understand, “WHERE YOU SPEND YOUR DOLLAR WILL SURVIVE ANY RECESSION”!
ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT IS ONE WAY TO SAVE THE VALUE AND MORALE IN OUR COMMUNITIES. IF FRT IS TO HELP COMMUNITIES BREAK GENERATIONAL CYCLES WE HAVE TO CHANGE WHAT AND HOW WE TEACH ABOUT MONEY. OUR LANGUAGE BASE HAS TO INCREASE. WE CAN NO LONGER TALK ABOUT BANK ACCOUNTS OR SAVINGS WITHOUT THE KNOWLEDGE OF HOW WE INCREASE OUR FAMILIES INCOME.
We understand MORE LOWER PAYING JOBS + UNEMPLOYMENT= HIGHER POVERTY! Our economic development programs will help improve these numbers! FRT is taking the initiative to address these very issues in our communities of North and South Dallas. Our goal is to increase the knowledge base of fathers so they can continue to break the chains of generational impoverished thinking, mental programing and behavior. We are willing to speak with community members and leaders so the changes that will ultimately affect our homes will also affect our communities positively. WE CAN NO LONGER FOCUS ON THE PROBLEM AND HOPING A SOLUTION WILL ARISE. WE MUST DO IT DIFFERENT. We want to thank everyone for their continuous support of Fathers Rise Together. Sincerely, Najen, Founder
- Our organization will provide therapeutic services to include certified therapist.
We will serve families based on need. We will collaborate with other community services to obtain referrals.
We will serve fathers who are rebuilding parental relationships after reentry into the community from being incarcerated. We will provide community activities for fathers and their children to rebuild their relationships.
- Our organization will provide volunteer parental and adolescent support groups.
We will coordinate services with existent agencies to create a support groups for fathers and their children.
- Our future plans include eventually providing transitional housing for fathers and their children.
We will provide transitional housing for fathers and their children. Our homes will reduce homelessness of fathers and their children. Our homes will be state inspected, supervised twenty-four hours a day and provide economic development for fathers.
- Our future plans include offering educational events as well as our publications and website.
Fathers Rise Together will educate the public on subjects useful to individuals and beneficial to the community and will advocate and defend human and civil rights secured by law.
- Who conducts activities?
- ChaQuana McEntyre, President will serve as a Volunteer Executive Director along with dedicated volunteer board members will begin to conduct all services.
- Programs for Volunteers: At times, per the discretion of the board of directors, we may provide internships or volunteer opportunities which will provide opportunities for involvement in outreach activities and programs in order to have a greater impact for change. One of the activities that volunteers may be involved in is basic education on topics such as nutrition, diet, agricultural techniques, livestock growing, and water treatment in order to promote Sustainability. Such activities shall always be free of charge to participants and will not include compensation to the volunteers.
- When is the activity conducted?
- Our organization will provide services year round Monday-Friday 8a.m.-5p.m. Special events could include weekend field trips.
- We will conduct business in the state of Texas in Collin County to include Frisco and Plano, in South Dallas counties and surrounding inner city communities.
- Where is the activity conducted?
- How does the activity further your exempt purposes?
- Children with involved, loving fathers are significantly more likely to do well in school, have healthy self-esteem, exhibit empathy and pro-social behavior, and avoid high-risk behaviors such as drug use, truancy, and criminal activity compared to children who have uninvolved fathers.
Based upon our services these are the following statistics we are basing and justifying the need to receive our exempt status to address our target population.
How is the activity funded?
The sources of the corporation’s income derive from personal resources and public donations. Additional income sources will include grants, sponsorship and fundraising. The corporation disposes its income through the decisions made by its board of directors or through the decisions of the duly elected treasurer, whose power to pay expenses is set out by the board or the corporation’s bylaws in accordance to the corporation’s purpose. Expenses paid by the corporation include, but are not limited to: equipment purchases and rentals, president‘s salary, insurance premiums, internet web site fees, publications, advertising, and miscellaneous board expenses.
Mail Solicitation: To develop program materials and flyers to be distributed to community agencies, businesses and other organizations requesting monetary and/or in-kind contributions for specific organization purposes.
Personal Solicitation: To develop through building relationships with community leaders, stakeholders, and volunteer members the awareness of the needs of the organization and that personal donations will be accepted.
Foundation grant solicitations: The organization will seek contributions from private and public foundations that further the mission of the organization. As an example, the organization will solicit donations from charitable and family foundations organizations that seek to provide funding for addressing Fatherhood issues and reunification with family members.
Government grant solicitations: The organization will seek contributions from government agencies that further the mission of the organization. As an example, the organizations will solicit donations from state and local government agencies that seek to provide funding through the community development block grant funding to support the services of our organization.